Invites applications for the position of
The Workshop Assistants will report to the Workshop Coordinator
and the Curator. They will aid the Coordinator with the preparation
and implementation of a series of workshops featuring traditional
Anishinaabe technologies used over thousands of years. The majority
of work hours will take place over the weekend every two to four weeks
over the course of one year. Each assistant will be responsible for helping
with five different workshop types. One to three Workshop Assistants will
be hired on a part-time, casual basis and will work an average of 25 hours
per month. The hours will fluctuate from 11 hours up to 60 hours a month
depending on the number of organized workshops. These positions will
run between May 2019 until May 2020 with an hourly wage of $14.00/hour.
- Help prepare materials and supplies for a number of different workshops.
- Assist workshop instructors as needed.
- Be willing and able to learn new skills.
- Must be between 14-18 years of age.
- Must be willing and able to learn new skills.
- Must have basic computer skills (at a minimum). Experience or proficiency
in Microsoft Office programs or Macintosh products in an asset.
- Familiarity with photo-editing software is an asset.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to provide current Criminal Reference Check satisfactory
- Must adhere to the Rainy River First Nations’ Drug Testing Policy.
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle or ability to find
alternate means of transportation.
NOTICE: All employees of KNCWN and Rainy River First Nations are subject
to random drug testing.
Please apply in writing by 4:00 PM on April 26th, 2019. Applications must
include a cover letter, current resume, and three (3) employment related
references (two of which must be from a current or recent supervisor) with
permission to contact these references.
PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Verna DeBungie, Human Resources Officer
Rainy River First Nations
P. O. Box 450
Emo ON, POW lEO
For further information, please contact Verna DeBungie, Human
Resources Officer at (807) 482-2479 ext. 249.
We thank all applicants but only those invited for an interview
will be contacted.
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada.