Invites applications for the position of
Equine Program Manager
Under the direction of Little Otter Economic Development CEO, the
Equine Program Manager is responsible for the operation of the Equine
Wellness and Counselling Program including the safety of the equine
herd, program participants and program staff through planning,
implementing and evaluating service. Responsible for the supervision
of all program staff including counselors, equine specialist and facility
manager. This is a dynamic nature-based counselling program that
embraces creativity, flexibility, animal assisted therapy, experiential
learning and indigenous horse teachings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in clinical counselling, psychology, social work.
Consideration will be given to:
Diploma in social sciences with 5 years’ experience providing
counselling to children and families.
- Knowledge of Indigenous Equine Teachings
- Proven education/training in Equine Assisted Wellness field
- Proven education/training in the study of Horses
- Must have excellent organizational and supervisory skills
- Must have excellent communication skills and ability to foster
partnerships across service sectors.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Must have a Vulnerable Sector Check satisfactory to the First Nation
- Must have valid driver’s license.
Please apply in writing by 4:00 pm on Friday April 19, 2019.
Applications must include a cover letter, current resume, three
(3) employment related references, two (2) of which must be from a
current or recent supervisor, with permission to contact references.
Please submit application to:
Lynn Hazen, Project Manager
Little Otter Economic Development
130 Second St E, Unit 2
Fort Frances, On P9A 1M5
For further information please contact Lynn Hazen at 807-275-5476.
We thank all applicants but only those invited for an interview will be
Little Otter Economic Development offers competitive compensation
and career advancement opportunities. Since this position is
engaged primarily in serving the interests of Indigenous people, Little
Otter Economic Development Corporation shall give preference to
Indigenous people who possess the requisite skill sets and experience.