Invites applications for the position of
Equine Facility Manager
Under the direction of Little Otter Economic Development Equine
Wellness Program Manager, the Equine Facility Manager is
responsible for the overall condition of the Equine Wellness Program
property including infrastructure, pasture, equipment. Responsible
for maintenance, improvements and day to day facility operations.
Responsible for the equine herd in conjunction with the Equine
Specialist. This is a dynamic nature-based counselling program that
embraces creativity, flexibility, animal assisted therapy, experiential
learning and indigenous horse teachings.
- Diploma in Agricultural Management or Equine Science
- Three years’ experience working in an equine facility or managing
- Knowledge gained by experience; operating and maintaining basic
farm equipment, operating all-terrain vehicles and snow machine
- Training in WHMIS and working knowledge of safety on a ranch
- Hands on experience with horses; ability to communicate and
execute ground work
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and organizational skills.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Must have a Vulnerable Sector Check satisfactory to the First Nation
- Must have valid driver’s license.
Please apply in writing by 4:00 pm on Friday April 19, 2019.
Applications must include a cover letter, current resume, three
(3) employment related references, two (2) of which must be from a
current or recent supervisor, with permission to contact references.
Please submit application to:
Lynn Hazen, Project Manager
Little Otter Economic Development
130 Second St E, Unit 2
Fort Frances, On P9A 1M5
For further information please contact Lynn Hazen at 807-275-5476.
We thank all applicants but only those invited for an interview will be
Little Otter Economic Development offers competitive compensation
and career advancement opportunities. Since this position is
engaged primarily in serving the interests of Indigenous people, Little
Otter Economic Development Corporation shall give preference to
Indigenous people who possess the requisite skill sets and experience.