Invites applications for the position of
Under the direction of Little Otter Economic Development, the Equine
Counselor is responsible for delivering Equine wellness and counselling
programing to a variety of participants individually and within groups.
The Equine Counsellor will take a lead position in planning, delivering
and reporting on service provided. Works in collaboration with
the Equine Specialist. This is a dynamic nature-based counselling
program that embraces creativity, flexibility, animal assisted therapy,
experiential learning and indigenous horse teachings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in clinical counselling, psychology, social work.
Consideration will be given to:
Diploma in social sciences with 2 years’ experience providing
counselling to children and families.
- Knowledge of Indigenous Equine Teachings
- Proven education/training in Equine Assisted Wellness field
- Hands on experience with horses; ability to communicate and
execute ground work
- Must have knowledge of experiential learning and outstanding
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and cognitive flexibility.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Must have a Vulnerable Sector Check satisfactory to the First Nation
- Must have valid driver’s license.
Please apply in writing by 4:00 pm on Friday April 19, 2019.
Applications must include a cover letter, current resume, three
(3) employment related references, two (2) of which must be from a
current or recent supervisor, with permission to contact references.
Please submit application to:
Lynn Hazen, Project Manager
Little Otter Economic Development
130 Second St E, Unit 2
Fort Frances, On P9A 1M5
For further information please contact Lynn Hazen at 807-275-5476.
We thank all applicants but only those invited for an interview will be
Little Otter Economic Development offers competitive compensation
and career advancement opportunities. Since this position is
engaged primarily in serving the interests of Indigenous people, Little
Otter Economic Development Corporation shall give preference to
Indigenous people who possess the requisite skill sets and experience.