Invites applications for the position of
Nigigoonsiminikaaning First Nation is seeking an individual who is
professional, responsible and motivated for the position of General
Manager. Under the supervision of Chief and Council, the General
Manager is responsible for the planning and implementation of First
Nation policy and the administration of all programs, and services of
the First Nation.
The General Manager supervises and leads an administrative team
servicing the First Nation and its community members. Coordinates
and directs strategies in conjunction with Program Managers and
Staff, for effectively addressing the needs of the Community.
- Post-Secondary Education in Business Administration or a related
business field; or
- 5 years extensive management experience within a First Nation
Government or First Nation Organizations;
- Proficient with computers and software such as Microsoft
- Knowledge and understanding of First Nation Management, culture,
lifestyles and traditions;
- Knowledge of Federal/Provincial Government and their agencies;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; and
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to reliable transportation.
Deadline: March 18, 2019 no later than 12:00 NOON (CST)
To ensure consideration, please submit a covering letter, resume
and two professional references. Written authorization to contact
references must be included with the application.
How to Apply?
Forward resume, cover letter and references by Postal Mail, Email or
in person to:
Nigigoonsiminikaaning First Nation
Contact : Garry Windigo
Attn: General Manager Position
P.O Box 68, Fort Frances, ON P9A 3M5
Phone: (807) 481-2536
Job Descriptions available upon request by calling our office
While all applications are appreciated, only those applicants
selected for an interview will be contacted.