WEECHI-IT-TE-WIN FAMILY SERVICES
Invites applications for
(Full Time Permanent Position)
The Intake Worker is a full time, permanent position and will work within
a culturally competent system of care and as such will acknowledge
and incorporate, at all levels, the importance of culture, the expansion
of cultural knowledge, and the overall vision of Weechi-it-te-win Family
The Intake Worker will foster cultural awareness through active
participation in an inductive learning process, gaining an understanding
of historical trauma and impacts of oppression and how these relate to
current issues within Indigenous family services.
The Intake Worker will act as a single point of access for inquiries, intake,
coordination and navigation of services for families and children with
intellectual and developmental disabilities within a trauma informed,
culturally safe and rehabilitative framework.
The Intake Worker reports to the I & A Manager of Weechi-it-te-win
INTAKE CASE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Receives all intakes & reports from the First Nations Community
Care Programs, Treaty Three Police, OPP, Schools, Hospital/Medical
Personnel, and other agencies.
2. Intake Worker enters referral information into the Penlieu System.
3. Determines if client is currently open for services in
the Penlieu System.
4. Participates in consultation with the I & A Manager, Investigation
Worker, Community Support Technician & Community Supervisor to
1. Whether police should be contacted.
2. The current referral information has been previously investigated?
3. If yes, what changes in circumstances have there been to prompt a
4. Which I & A worker will be assigned.
5. Print off copy of Penlieu referral and fax to FN CCP and provide copy
to Community Support Technician.
6. Ensure Internal and Fast track is completed on all Referral
information within required time frame.
7. Depending on referral information, flag any children / youth who
may be considered high risk, ie, suicidal, etc.
8. Completes Records Disclosure requests and sends requests to other
Agencies when required.
9. Provides completed Records disclosures when requested
by another Agency.
10. Intake Worker enters Case Closures into the Penlieu System.
11. The Intake worker will also be required to be on the
Weechi-it-te-win Family Services On call team, providing after-hours
services on a rotational basis.
1. Bachelor of Social Work or Social Work Diploma with 5 years’
experience working with Families and children in a child welfare role.
2. Excellent computer software skills necessary, experience
in Penlieu would be an asset.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
4. Work experience in the area of Child Welfare
5. Ability to speak the Ojibway language is preferred;
6. Must possess a valid Driver’s license; and be able to submit a driver’s
7. Must submit a Vulnerable Sector Screening.
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO:
APPLICATIONS TO INCLUDE:
Resume, Cover Letter
Weechi-it-te-win Family Services
- 3 References and
P.O. Box 812
permission to contact
Fort Frances ON P9A 3N1 OR
- 1 to be current / past employer
Email to: email@example.com
DEADLINE: Friday, January 25, 2019.