Invites applications for the position of
CHILD IN CARE WORKERS (2)
One Maternity Leave, One Full Time Permanent
Reporting to the Director of Family Services, the Child in Care Worker
is responsible for providing a full range of protection, prevention and
support services to the families of Rainy River First Nations.
- Bachelor of Social Work or equivalent;
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in child welfare and able to
achieve WFS protection status;
- Completion of or in process of completing the Child Welfare
- Knowledge of Federal and Provincial governments and agencies and
program and regulations affecting the provision of services to
children and their families of our community;
- Knowledge of Rainy River First Nation and the community’s culture,
beliefs and traditional lifestyles, including its Customary Care
- Must be proficient in computer software, including Microsoft Word
and Excel and Penlieu;
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to provide current Criminal Reference Check
satisfactory to the First Nation;
- Must adhere to the Rainy River First Nations’ Drug Testing Policy;
- Must have the ability to work flexible work hours, which may include
evenings and weekends;
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Please apply in writing by 4:00 PM, Wednesday, January 16, 2019.
Applications must include a cover letter, current resume, three (3)
employment related references, two of which must be from a current or
recent supervisor, with permission to contact these references.
Complete Job Description available upon request.
Please submit application to:
Verna DeBungie – Human Resources Manager
Rainy River First Nations
P.O. Box 450
Emo ON P0W 1E0
For further information, please contact Verna DeBungie at (807) 4822479 ext. 249.
We thank all applicants but only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
The Rainy River First Nation is an equal opportunity employer.