Mitaanjigamiing First Nation
is seeking a
The Ganawendaasowin Counsellor will assist the Mitaanjigamiing
First Nation Ganawendaasowin Team. The Ganawendaasowin
Counsellor upon request is responsible for providing access to
traditional/clinical counselling services.
- Post Secondary diploma in Social Services or related fi eld;
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent, minimum three-year’s experience
- Knowledge of Ganawendaasowin Team and committee program
- Knowledge of Child and Family Services Act and Regulations;
- Knowledge of Part X of the Child and Family Services Act,
Customary Care declarations and procedures;
- Experience in play therapy with children an asset;
- Computer skills and effi cient with hardware/software programs;
- Ability to assist in coordinating traditional and contemporary
healing practices, and experience in working with Elders, Healers,
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle;
- Must provide a vulnerable sector screening and drivers abstract that
is satisfactory to the Mitaanjigamiing First Nation;
- Must sign an Oath of Confi dentiality and Social Media Policy.
DEADLINE DATE: November 13, 2018 at Noon
Please address Application to:
Ganawendaasowin Counsellor Position
Attention: Catherine Hands, HR Coordinator
P.O Box 98 – 1455 Idylwild Dr.
Fort Frances, ON P9A 3M8
All applicants must provide a resume and cover letter, including
3 references (with permission to contact references) to:
Catherine Hands, Human Resources Coordinator. Full Job
Description is available by calling our offi ce (807) 274-4343.
While all applications are appreciated, only those applicants selected
for interview will be contacted.