FAMILY HEALTH TEAM
is seeking applications for the position of
MENTAL HEALTH WORKER
The Mental Health worker will work in collaboration with the
interdisciplinary team to restore, maintain and enhance emotional
and social functioning with patients and their families. The Mental
Health worker will participate in the chronic disease management,
smoking cessation, health promotion and disease prevention
programs. The Atikokan Family Health Team offers a competitive
salary and pension/benefits package.
- Baccalaureate of Social Work, Psychology and/or equivalent.
- Diploma of Social Work or related program and minimum five
- Membership with Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service
Workers if appropriate
- Knowledge of mental health diagnoses and management strategies
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- Ability to work individually and in a collaborative practice model,
- Critical thinking, organizational and communication skills are required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and impartiality
- Flexibility and able to adapt as the program progresses
- Proficiency with computers, MAC system knowledge an asset
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Training in psychotherapy and addictions an asset
This position is a permanent full-time position.
APPLY BY EMAIL TO:
Karen Lusignan, Executive Director
Atikokan Family Health Team
OR BY MAIL:
P.O. Box 398, Atikokan, ON P0T 1C0
Phone: 807-597-8781 ext 41
Deadline for applications is Friday November 9th, 2018.
We thank all who apply however only those selected for an interview
will be contacted.