WEECHI-IT-TE-WIN FAMILY SERVICES
Invites applications for the position(s) of
PERMANENT FULL TIME POSITION
The Cultural Coordinator is a permanent full time position which has been
developed with the cultural diversity unique to each First Nation and meets the
traditional protocols in the establishment of community based programming.
The Cultural Coordinator will work within a culturally competent system of care
and as such, will acknowledge and incorporate, at all levels the importance
of culture, the expansion of cultural and the overall vision of Weechi-it-te-win
The Cultural Coordinator reports to the Family Healing Program Manager.
- An understanding and appreciation of Anishinaabe cultural beliefs, values,
norms, ceremony, teachings and a commitment to continue learning,
participating and advocating during any opportunity provided by the Agency
- Aboriginal person with demonstrated knowledge and understanding of and
personal commitment to the Anishinaabe way of life;
- Must be fluent in the English and Ojibway languages and possess an ability to
communicate with diverse cultural and educational backgrounds;
- Must possess demonstrated planning organizational and liason skills and be
willing to demonstrate accountability to WFS policies procedures and
- Must provide a Vulnerable Sector Check and a Driver’s Abstract;
- Must live a healthy lifestyle;
- Able to travel to the area First Nations and work flexible hours as required
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license and have access to own vehicle.
APPLICATION MUST INCLUDE:
✓ Cover Letter
✓ Three references (one must be employment related) – must provide written
permission to contact references
- Applications submitted without all above required documentation
will not be considered
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
- Complete job descriptions available upon request
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO:
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATION:
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2018
Weechi-it-te-win Family Services Inc.
at 1:00 p.m.
P.O. Box 812
Fort Frances, ON P9A 3N1
Phone number: (807) 274-3201
Fax number: (807) 274-8435
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org