EXCELLENT PEOPLE MAKE EXCELLENT BUSINESS
Norbord is the leading global OSB manufacturer. Our success comes from
hiring skilled and talented team members in all areas of our business.
We are dedicated to developing and retaining a strong and committed
workforce that ensures we remain at the front of manufacturing
excellence. At Norbord we are committed to teamwork and safety without
compromise. We are currently seeking an exceptional individual for the
MAINTENANCE TEAM LEADER
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Team Leader’s
primary responsibility is the safe work execution of all scheduled and
emergency maintenance activities and assigned projects at the site.
The Maintenance Team Leader is accountable for the efficient and
effective use of all maintenance resources and materials under their
direct supervision. The Maintenance Team Leader provides support and
technical guidance to ensure proper job execution. Other responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
· Actively leads safety awareness through effective toolbox talks and
daily safety discussions.
· Planning and scheduling work priorities for both day shift and shift
millwrights in cooperation with production and work in conjunction with
the area leads including the electrical team.
· Evaluating Emergency work identified to ensure an emergency response
is necessary, or, directs the creation of a work request that can be
planned and scheduled in the future.
· Ensuring that good housekeeping and safe work practices are followed
in the shop and on all job sites.
· Participating in the development of the department budget and long-term
budgeting and planning.
· Identifying potential causes of accidents, making safety and
housekeeping inspections, and resolving individual and team problems.
· Distributing work orders directly to those assigned to perform the task.
· Monitoring jobs by frequently visiting jobs in progress to ensure job
quality and progress. Interfaces with the Production Department on any
changes in duration or any other conditions that impacts the schedule.
· Ensuring the orderly conduct of maintenance team members with
respect to company policy and procedures.
This position requires a minimum of 5 years maintenance experience.
Supervisory experience and Journeyman certification would be an
asset. Excellent working knowledge of an industrial environment, strong
interpersonal, communication and computer skills are required. Hydraulic,
pneumatics and other maintenance related skills would be considered
· Competitive salary based on education/experience.
· Defined Contribution Pension Plan, health, dental and vision plan,
Interested applicants should send their letter of application and current
resume by Monday, September 17, 2018 to:
Mail: Norbord Inc.
Attention: Human Resources Manager
Barwick, ON P0W 1A0
Only those applicants selected to participate in the recruitment process
will be contacted.