ONE (1) YEAR CONTRACT
(Posted August 2, 2018)
The coordinator will ensure post-secondary and training courses are delivered
in accordance to the guidelines as established by Seven Generations
Education Institute and partner institutions.
The coordinator will also: ensure the program reflects Anishinaabe values,
provide educational counseling services to students (Adult Learners),
establish contacts with potential employers and provide general
administration for the post-secondary and training programs.
- University Degree in Social Science or Business Administration, preferred;
- University Degree in Education or Diploma in Education, preferred;
- Three (3) years’ experience in middle management, preferred;
- Extensive knowledge of relationships that exist within the communities
of Treaty #3.
- Develop, implement and modify, when required, a process for recruiting
- Liaise with other Post Secondary Institutions;
- Liaise with Coordinators within Organization;
- Liaise with Education Counselors at First Nation Communities;
- Guidance Counseling services to Students with issues (personal and
academic) as they arise;
- Assist with planning and scheduling of Career Fairs;
- Ensure all administration duties related to position are completed in a
PROFESSIONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- A personable and assertive approach in the promotion of programs
- High energy, proactive problem solver with critical thinking skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and budgeting skills;
- A criminal reference check.
- Extensive travel required at various times throughout the school year.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
LOCATION: Fort Frances, Ontario
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY: Some heavy lifting may be required
SALARY: Negotiable based on education and experience.
Applications must include a cover letter, current resume, including three
(3) employment related references; one (1) of which must be from a current
or recent supervisor. Please submit by 12:00 p.m. (CST) on Monday August
20, 2018 to the attention of:
Personnel Committee, Seven Generations Education Institute
1455 Idylwild Drive P.O. Box 297, Fort Frances, Ontario P9A 3M6
Phone: 807-274-2796; Fax 807-274-8761
We would like to thank everyone for their application, but only those
individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodation in
the recruitment process is available upon request for applicants with
disabilities. For a complete job description: please contact Michelle Allan Director of Human Resources