Mitaanjigamiing First Nation
is seeking a
The Ganawendaasowin Counsellor will assist the Mitaanjigamiing
First Nation Ganawendaasowin Team. The Ganawendaasowin
Counsellor upon request is responsible for providing access to
traditional/clinical counselling services.
- Post Secondary diploma in Social Services or related field;
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent, minimum three-year’s experience
- Knowledge of Ganawendaasowin Team and committee program
- Knowledge of Child and Family Services Act and Regulations;
- Knowledge of Part X of the Child and Family Services Act,
Customary Care declarations and procedures;
- Experience in play therapy with children an asset;
- Computer skills and efficient with hardware/software programs;
- Ability to assist in coordinating traditional and contemporary
healing practices, and experience in working with Elders, Healers,
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle;
- Must provide a vulnerable sector screening and drivers abstract that
is satisfactory to the Mitaanjigamiing First Nation;
- Must sign an Oath of Confidentiality and Social Media Policy.
All applicants must provide a resume and cover letter, including 3
references (with permission to contact references) to: Catherine
Hands, Human Resources Coordinator. Full Job Description is
available by calling our office (807) 274-4343.
DEADLINE DATE: August 16, 2018 by 4:00 p.m.
Applications will be accepted by mail, email or in person to:
Ganawendaasowin Services Worker Position
Attention: Catherine Hands, HR Coordinator
Mitaanjigaming First Nation
P.O Box 98 – 1455 Idylwild Dr.
Fort Frances, ON P9A 3M8
While all applications are appreciated, only those applicants selected
for interview will be contacted.