Invites applications for the position of
Health and Social Services
Naicatchewenin First Nation is seeking a highly professional, knowledgeable
individual who has the vision, courage and dedication to employ as
the Health and Social Services Director. The Health and Social Services
Director is a senior managerial position, which is responsible for planning
and implementation of Naicatchewenin First Nation policies and the
administration of the following programs: Community Care Program,
Ontario Works, Jordan’s Principle, Brighter Futures; Family Well-being,
N.N.A.D.A.P, Community Health, Medical Transportation, Healthy Babies
Healthy Children and Community Wellness and Justice. The Health and
Social Services Director reports directly to Chief and Council portfolio holder
through regular meetings and through written/verbal reports as required.
- Degree in the Health or Social Services Field and/or combination of
education and experience;
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in working with First Nations;
- Experience in development, implementation and reporting of proposals;
- Knowledge of First Nation, Tribal, or other external services in the Rainy
- Knowledge of Federal and Provincial Health Programs;
- Must have exceptional knowledge of various computer applications (MS
Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet, Email);
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Understanding of First Nations Management, culture and lifestyles;
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships within the
First Nation and external agencies.
DEADLINE: August 17th, 2018 no later than 12:00 NOON (CDT).
APPLICATION: To ensure consideration, please submit a cover letter,
resume and two professional references. Written authorization to contact
references must be included with the application.
HOW TO APPLY?
Forward cover letter, resume and references by Postal Mail, Fax, Email or
in Person to:
Naicatchewenin First Nation
Attention: Theiah MacDonald
P.O Box 15, Devlin ON P0W 1C0
Phone: (807) 486-3407 Fax: (807) 486-1696
- Job Descriptions available upon request by calling our office (807) 486-3407
- While all applications are appreciated, only those applications selected for
an interview will be contacted.
- As per Naicatchewenin First Nation Drug Testing Policy, incumbent will be
required to submit a drug test as condition of employment.