The United Native Friendship Centre is seeking a highly motivated
individual for the position of Cultural Family Worker.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Cultural Family Worker coordinates
and supports all aspects of cultural knowledge transfer, language and
planning within the United Native Friendship Centre’s 0-6 programs.
· Post-secondary education in Indigenous studies or Indigenous
· Minimum of three (3) years experience working with Indigenous
· Fluency in Ojibwe language is strongly recommended
· Excellent organizational and communication skills
· Must be able to function as a team member
· Must enjoy working with children, be sensitive to their needs and
· Possess knowledge of our area’s culture and traditions
· Ability to provide leadership skills and positive mentorship to the
programs 0-6 years
· Valid First Aid/CPR certification
· Possess a valid driver’s license
· Must submit a satisfactory vulnerable sector criminal reference check
Please send cover letter, resume and three work related references to:
Personnel Selection Committee
United Native Friendship Centre
516 Portage Avenue
P.O. Box 752
Fort Frances, Ontario P9A 3N1
or email: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, at 4:00 p.m.
A complete job description is available at the United Native
Friendship Centre, 516 Portage Avenue, Fort Frances and on our
Note: We thank all who apply but only those selected for an interview
will be contacted.