SEINE RIVER FIRST NATION
Invites applications for
The Family Counsellor is a full time, permanent, professional position.
The Family Counsellor is responsible for assessment of individual
and family functioning and the provision of ongoing clinical counseling
services to children, adolescents and other family members including
the family as a unit, and in family cases of the Seine River Community
- Knowledge of computer programs - Word, Excel etc.;
- A minimum of two (2) years experience within a social work
profession, and/ or completed college/university courses in
- Courses specific to suicide risk is an asset/play therapy etc.;
- Work well with clients, team member skills;
- Must have good organization skills;
- Must have good communication skills;
- Must have good time management;
- Knowledge of Anishinabe history and family systems;
- Establish networking with neighboring communities for services;
- Able to maintain filing system;
- Driver’s class “G” license.
Negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
DEADLINE: August 17, 2018 at 4:30 p.m.
Please send resume, with three job related references, attention:
Community Care Supervisor or Director of Services
Seine River First Nation,
P.O. Box 124,
Mine Centre, Ontario P0W 1H0
Late applications will be returned unopened. Only successful
applicants will be contacted for interviews. Successful candidates
will be required to submit recent Vulnerable Sector check. Complete
job descriptions are available at Administrative office. Priority will be
given to Community Members with the same qualification.