EXCELLENT PEOPLE MAKE EXCELLENT BUSINESS
Norbord is the leading global OSB manufacturer. Our success comes from
hiring skilled and talented team members in all areas of our business.
We are dedicated to developing and retaining a strong and committed
workforce that ensures we remain at the front of manufacturing
excellence. At Norbord we are committed to teamwork and safety without
compromise. We are currently seeking an exceptional individual for the
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Engineer will
ensure that safety, quality, production and raw material usage in the
blending, forming, pressing, and finishing areas is managed effectively and
efficiently. The Production Engineer will also provide direct support and
succession to the Production Manager.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Create, maintain and work in a safe environment supporting the
company objective of “0” incident rate. Report and participate in
investigating safety incidents.
· Develop safe department procedures and safe work practices
· Maintain high housekeeping standards
· Optimize safe, quality, cost-effective production for the Blending,
Forming, Pressing, Finishing Area through the management of raw
materials, equipment, and work procedures.
· Evaluate and implement improvements for manufacturing systems.
Develop innovative solutions.
· Collaboratively prepare weekly schedules with Area Leaders.
· Coordinate operations and maintenance activities on shutdown.
· Support operating and maintenance group to achieve high performance
execution of the Blending/Forming/Pressing and Finishing areas.
· Conduct investigations into unplanned events- Root Cause Analysis
· To motivate, educate, train and support the ongoing knowledge and
development of individual crew members.
· Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate must be prepared to develop their knowledge in
the operation and be prepared to advance into the Production Manager
role. They should have 5 years of work experience in the forest products
industry or manufacturing environment and have completed postsecondary education at minimum. Preference will be given to candidates
possessing a BSc- Engineering or other Wood Science degree. Strong
working knowledge of software applications such as Microsoft Excel,
Outlook and Word are required.
· Competitive salary based on education/experience
· Defined Contribution Plan
· Health, dental, and vision plan
· Life insurance
Interested applicants should send their letter of application and current
Mail: Norbord Inc.
Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 2000
Barwick, ON P0W 1A0
Only those applicants selected to participate in the recruitment process
will be contacted.