FORT FRANCES, ONTARIO
(September 2018 to August 2019)
(Posted: June 7, 2018)
Seven Generations Education Institute requires a Building Construction
Instructor to teach courses in the Building Construction
- Deliver College courses reflecting Aboriginal and regional knowledge.
- Manage and Supervise students.
- Evaluate and report student progress.
- A minimum of five (5) year’s experience in a related field, required.
- Membership in a professional affiliation, (Red Seal Carpenter).
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) as well as
strong interpersonal, organizational and computer skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and computer programs.
- Crucial to this position is a demonstrated ability to understand
cultural influences and issues specific to adult learners in northern
- Knowledge and understanding of the Aboriginal culture, preferred.
- The ability to speak an Aboriginal language, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with colleagues
- Teaching experience, preferred.
REMUNERATION: Set instructor amount.
TERM: September 4, 2018 to August 30, 2019
Applications must include a cover letter, current resume, including
three (3) employment related references; one (1) of which must be
from a current or recent supervisor. Please submit by 12:00 p.m. on
Friday June 22, 2018 to the attention of:
Personnel Committee, Seven Generations Education Institute
1455 Idylwild Drive P.O. Box 297, Fort Frances, Ontario P9A 3M6
Phone: 807-274-2796; Fax 807-274-8761
We would like to thank everyone for their application, but only those individuals
selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodation in the recruitment
process is available upon request for applicants with disabilities. For a complete job
description: please contact Michelle Allan-Director of Human Resources.