Fort Frances Tribal Area
Health Services Inc.
Fort Frances Tribal Area Health Services Inc. is a corporation that provides
health care, mental health and addiction treatment services to the 10 First
The Occupational Therapist will act under the professional supervision of
the Director of Health Services. The Occupational Therapist is responsible
for assessing clients and providing recommendations and treatments
as appropriate with the goal of enabling clients to maximize their level
of independence in self-care, productivity and leisure activities. The
Occupational Therapist works as part of an interdisciplinary team and acts
as a consultant to other disciplines and outside agencies. The Occupational
Therapist will act as a resource and advocate for all; to promote the values,
goals, and philosophy of FFTAHS.
- Screen all clients as per service policy (formally or informally);
- Provide clinical occupational therapy services, which may include, but
are not restricted to, assessment and reassessment of physical, affective,
cognitive and perceptual status, as well as social environmental factors,
with specific regard to their impact on functional abilities (self-care,
productivity and leisure);
- Develop and implement intervention plans, considering goals in
collaboration with client/family and other team members, based on
- Collaborate with client, members of the interdisciplinary teams, family
members, caregivers and community agencies in providing care;
- Provide documentation/communication relating to assessment results,
intervention, discharge recommendations and other relevant information;
- Maintain client care statistics in accordance with the Workload
- Maintain the standards/policies set out by the College of Occupational
Therapists of Ontario, the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists
- A degree from an accredited undergraduate Occupational therapy
- Active registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of
- Membership in Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT)
and/or Ontario Society of Occupational Therapists (OSOT) is strongly
- Specialized experience or certification in sensory integration and/or willing
- Dependable, competent and continued ability to carry out responsibilities;
- Knowledge of Anishinaabe culture. Ability to speak Anishinaabemowin, a
- Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s “G” License, have a good driving
record and be insurable;
- Must successfully pass a Criminal Reference Check with vulnerable sector
- Experience working with First Nations people in a First Nation community
and/or First Nation organization.
Requirement for Submissions:
Applications must include a signed cover letter, resume, and list of three
employment related references. Any applications submitted without
the required documentation will be considered incomplete. Interested
applicants can forward their information to:
Cathy Handberg, Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 608
Fort Frances, ON
Fax: (807) 274-9669
Or email to: email@example.com
Deadline for application submission: Friday, June 8th, 2018.
A full job description is available upon request.
Fort Frances Tribal Area Health Services Inc. welcomes applications from people
with disabilities. A modified space is available upon request for candidates
taking part in all aspect of the selection process. While we appreciate all who
apply, we will only contact those persons selected for an interview.
Miigwech, Thank You.