RAINY RIVER FIRST NATIONS
Invites applications for the position of
CHILD IN CARE WORKER
Reporting to the Manager of Family Services, the Child in Care Worker is
responsible for providing a full range of protection, prevention and support
services to the families of Rainy River First Nations.
- Bachelor of Social Work or equivalent;
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in child welfare and able to achieve
WFS protection status;
- Knowledge of Federal and Provincial governments and agencies and
program and regulations affecting the provision of services to children
and their families of our community;
- Knowledge of Rainy River First Nation and the community’s culture, beliefs
and traditional lifestyles, including its Customary Care practices;
- Must be proficient in computer software, including Microsoft Word and
Excel and Penlieu;
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to provide current Criminal Reference Check satisfactory to
the First Nation;
- Must adhere to the Rainy River First Nations’ Drug Testing Policy;
- Must have the ability to work flexible work hours, which may include
evenings and weekends;
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Please apply in writing by 4:00 PM on Wednesday, April 25th, 2018.
Applications must include a cover letter, current resume, three (3)
employment related references (two of which must be from a current or
recent supervisor) with permission to contact these references.
Please submit application to: James Pavier, Human Resources Officer
Rainy River First Nations
P.O. Box 450
Emo ON P0W 1E0
For further information, please contact James Pavier, Human Resources
Officer at (807) 482-2479 ext. 249.
We thank all applicants but only those invited
for an interview will be contacted.
The Rainy River First Nation is an equal opportunity employer.
Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities
in the recruitment process upon request.