THE ANISHINAABEG OF
RESOURCE COUNCIL INC.
The Anishinaabeg of Kabapikotawangag Resource Council (AKRC)
invites applications for the position of Environmental Technician
Advisor. The applicant will be a highly motivated individual, results
orientated and a team player. The Environmental Technician Advisor
will be responsible for assisting the AKRC First Nation Communities in
improving their waste management practices for their immediate and
long-term needs. There is an opportunity to work from our Main Office
in Sioux Narrows or Sub Office in Kenora.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Post-secondary education in Environmental Sciences or a
combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Experience in environmental services including project
management and supervision would be considered an asset.
- Ability to interpret, implement and adhere to the organizational
policies and procedures of the First Nations.
- Knowledge and experience in the application of applicable federal
and provincial environmental assessment and environmental
protection legislation and laws.
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks
and competing priorities with minimal supervision.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of computer software applications such as
word processing, excel and power point at minimum.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must provide own vehicle and willingness to access communities by
road and ice road.
- Explore waste management options and solutions through
community consultation and support the planning and
implementation of the recommendations.
- Provide contract administration duties pertaining to Municipal Type
Service Agreement negotiation or renewal and third-party landfill,
diversion or waste hauling services.
- Conduct partnership and stakeholder relations including extensive
liaison with various governments, industry and commercial business.
- Develop proposals and complete reporting requirements to funders.
- Assist with compliance monitoring through the development of
waste management by-laws, waste management best practices and
addressing illegal dumping.
- Provide community education and awareness through information
sessions and outreach materials.
- Coordinate and facilitate applicable training sessions for operators
- Day travel is expected with occasional overnight stays to attend
meetings, workshops and forums.
Deadline: Friday March 16th, 2018 @ 12:00 p.m.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Please submit cover letter, resume and 3 references to:
Anishinaabeg of Kabapikotawangag Resource Council
P.O. Box 237
SIOUX NARROWS, Ontario
Fax: (807) 226-4459
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.