EXCELLENT PEOPLE MAKE EXCELLENT BUSINESS
Norbord is the leading global OSB manufacturer our success comes from
hiring skilled and talented team members in all areas of our business.
We are dedicated to developing and retaining a strong and committed
workforce that ensures we remain at the front of manufacturing
excellence. At Norbord we are committed to teamwork and safety without
compromise. We are currently seeking an exceptional individual for the
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Process Engineer will ensure
that safety, quality, production and raw material usage in the blending,
forming, pressing, and finishing areas is managed effectively and
efficiently. The Process Engineer will also provide direct support and
succession to the Production Manager.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Create, maintain and work in a safe environment supporting the
company objective of “0” incident rate. Report and participate in
investigating safety incidents.
· Optimize production throughput levels for the Blending, Forming,
Pressing, Finishing Area through the management of raw materials and
· Evaluate and improve on manufacturing systems. Develop innovative
· Support operating and maintenance group to achieve high performance
execution of the Blending/Forming/Pressing and Finishing areas.
· Collaboratively prepare weekly schedules with Area Leaders.
· Conduct investigations into unplanned events- Root Cause Analysis
· Develop safe department procedures and safe work practices
· Maintain high housekeeping standards
· Enter all production, quality, and downtime at end of each shift.
· Direct and indirectly supervise 5-10 subordinates.
· To motivate, educate, train and support the ongoing knowledge and
development of individual crew members.
· Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate must be prepared to develop their knowledge in
the operation and be prepared to advance into the Production Manager
role. They should have in excess of 5 years of management experience
in the forest products industry or manufacturing environment and have
completed post-secondary education at minimum. Preference will be
given to candidates possessing a BSc- Engineering or other Wood Science
degree. Strong working knowledge of software applications such as
Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word are required.
· Competitive salary based on education/experience
· Defined Contribution Plan
· Health, dental, and vision plan
· Life insurance
Interested applicants should send their letter of application and current
resume by Friday, March 23rd, 2018 to:
Mail: Norbord Inc.
Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 2000
Barwick, ON P0W 1A0
Only those applicants selected to participate in the recruitment process
will be contacted.