SEINE RIVER FIRST NATION
invites applications for
CHILD IN CARE WORKER
The Child in Care Worker is a full time, Professional ‘ front line’
position. The Child in Care Worker is responsible to provide case
management services to children and families. In most cases, the
Child in Care Worker will be the primary worker as well as case
management and consequently the person the client refers to.
- Masters Degree in Social Work from an accredited university or
a Master’s Degree in a related field;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited university
or a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field;
- The CIC Worker must be a team player, to the Seine River
Community Care Program;
- Must have knowledge to prepare documentation to meet
Weechi-it-te-win Family Services and Ministry requirements;
- Must have an understanding of Seine River First Nation customs
- Experience in development of front line services to child and
families of first nation community;
- Working knowledge of customary care policy of Seine River
First Nation philosophy of service delivery;
- Thorough knowledge of Child and Family Services Act and
Regulations specifically Part X (10) services;
- Fluency in Ojibway or commitment to learn;
- Knowledge of internal and external agencies;
- Must have own vehicle or have access to one and produce valid
class G driver’s license.
SALARY: Negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
DEADLINE: Extention March 14, 2018 at 4:30 p.m.
Please send resume, with three job related references, Attention:
Community Care Supervisor or Director of Services at Seine River
First Nation, P.O. Box 124, Mine Centre, Ontario P0W 1H0. Late
applications will be returned unopened. Only successful applicants
will be contacted for interviews. In person interviews only, no
telephone interviews. Successful candidates will be required to
submit recent Vulnerable Sector Check and Drivers Abstract.
Complete job descriptions are available at the Administrative
office. Priority will be given to Community Members with the same