SEINE RIVER FIRST NATION
invites applications for
The Family Preservation Worker is a full time, professional position.
The Family Preservation worker will acknowledge and integrate
cultural competence and abide by all community values, traditions
and protocols. The Family Preservation Worker will work within
the Community Care Program as part of the team. Services to be
provided within the context of a home based method of practice.
- Social Work Diploma or related field;
- Knowledge of best practices in child welfare ie) strength
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in case management
in the area of social work;
- Experience in assessing client and family strengths and needs,
and in preparing family assessments and service plans. Possess
strong written, communication and computer skills;
- Knowledge and experience in traditional contemporary healing
practices, and experience in working with elders, healers and
- Ability to speak anishinabemowin is an asset;
- Must have an understanding of Seine River First Nation Customs
- Experience and or commitments to non punitive, healing practice.
- Thorough knowledge of Child and Family Services Act and
Regulations specifically Part X (10) services;
- Knowledge of child development, parenting education and
community and district resources.
- Must have own vehicle or have access to one and produce valid
class G driver’s license.
SALARY: Negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
DEADLINE: February 16, 2018 at 4:30 p.m.
Please send resume, with three job related references, Attention:
Community Care Supervisor or Director of Services at Seine River
First Nation, P.O. Box 124, Mine Centre, Ontario P0W 1H0. Late
applications will be returned unopened. Only successful applicants
will be contacted for interviews. In person interviews only, no
telephone interviews. Successful candidates will be required to
submit recent Vulnerable Sector Check and Drivers Abstract.
Complete job descriptions are available at the Administrative
office. Priority will be given to Community Members with the same