POWER & RECOVERY
Domtar Inc., Dryden Operations, is currently seeking an
Assistant Superintendent to become part of our Power &
Reporting to the Power and Recovery Superintendent, your
key job functions include:
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Steam
Plant Area including all mill utilities such as air, water, steam
- Assist in the Recovery Area including one black liquor recovery
boiler along with a black liquor evaporating system and
associated auxiliary equipment as required.
- Provide effective leadership for Shift Engineers and operating
crews by establishing and managing systems to track operating
centerlines and targets; coordinate and prioritize maintenance
requirements for shut downs and daily work; establish and
communicate effectively Standard Operating Procedures and
ensure operator training requirements are met.
- Minimum 2nd Class Operating Engineer’s certificate valid in the
province of Ontario.
- Five (5) years minimum experience with steam plant operation
and kraft recovery process.
- Ability to lead safety improvements through personal
commitment and procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience leading a team
to achieve meaningful results.
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written
- Willingness to study and write 1st class exams towards acquiring
an Ontario Operating Engineer 1st class certificate.
If you are interested in an opportunity to work with an organization
that is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a full range of
employee benefits and a competitive wage package, consider
joining our Team. Please forward your cover letter, resume and
standardized Operating Engineer Certificate, in confidence, by
Friday January 26th, 2018 at 3:00 pm CDT to:
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only
those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.