Domtar Inc., Dryden Pulp Mill Operations, which manages
the Trout Lake and Wabigoon Sustainable Forest Licenses
with combined area of approximately 1.7 million hectares, is
seeking an individual to join our Forestlands Team.
Reporting to the Operations Team Lead and working in conjunction
with the Forestlands team, your role will be to provide leadership
in the implementation of Domtar’s safety, forest stewardship,
production, and quality standards for Domtar’s contract harvest
and haul on the Trout Lake and Wabigoon Forests.
More specifically, you will:
- Work with the Operations Team Lead to develop operational
plans to meet the supply needs of both Domtar and external
- Participate in the budgeting process as well the development of
Annual Work Schedules (AWS) and Annual Reports (AR).
- Supervise Domtar’s contract harvesting and haul operations
to ensure compliance with the Trout Lake and Wabigoon Forest
- Assist the Operations Team with monitoring of road construction
and road maintenance.
- Liaise with the MNRF on operational issues.
- The ideal candidate will possess a Forestry degree or suitable
combination of education and experience.
- Certified in compliance (FOIP) inspection and eligible to apply for
membership with OPFA.
- Solid operational skills and experience with Geographic
Information Systems (GIS).
- Strong beliefs and behaviors in safety, professional ethics,
environmental values and results.
- You demonstrate leadership capabilities and are a team player
with solid communication and interpersonal skills to interact
effectively with a diverse group of forestry industry, government,
resource users and community members.
If you are interested in an opportunity to work with an organization
that is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a full range of
employee benefits and a competitive wage package, consider
joining our Team. Please forward your resume, in confidence, by
Friday, January 26, 2018 at 3:00 p.m. CDT to:
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only
those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.