Domtar Inc., Dryden Operations, which manages the Trout Lake
and Wabigoon sustainable forest licenses with combined area
of approximately 1.7 million hectares, is seeking an individual
to join our Forestlands Team.
Reporting to the Sustainable Forest License Team Lead and
working in conjunction with the Forestlands team, your role will
be to co-ordinate the maintenance of current forest certification
systems, and provide forest management planning support on
Sustainable Forest Licence areas to ensure a sustained supply
- Assist in the co-ordination of the maintenance of our
environmental management systems and certification standards.
- Assist in the preparation of regulatory compliance audits.
- Provide annual reporting, annual work schedule plan preparation
and forest management plan maintenance for the Sustainable
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with Aboriginal
Communities, tourist outfitters, trappers and other stakeholders
and local communities on or adjacent to SFL areas.
- Working with operations and silviculture foresters, you will ensure
that information databases and Geographic Information System
(GIS) spatial information is complete and accurate.
- The ideal candidate will possess a Forestry degree and be a
registered professional forester or be eligible to apply for RPF
status in Ontario.
- A team player, who is results focused.
- Solid functional skills with Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- You demonstrate leadership capabilities and are a team player
with solid communication and interpersonal skills to interact
effectively with a diverse group of customers.
- Strong beliefs and behaviors in safety and environmental values
If you are interested in an opportunity to work with an organization
that is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a full range of
employee benefits and a competitive wage package, consider
joining our Team. Please forward your resume, in confidence, by
Friday, January 26th, 2018 at 3:00 p.m. CDT to:
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only
those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.