THE ANISHINAABEG OF
Invites applications for
the following position:
Summary of Duties:
Reporting directly to the Chief and Council, the AON Band Manager
will be responsible for the administering and overseeing of all band
programs and will ensure programs are within budget. The Band
Manager will ensure that all operations are conducted in a respectful
and responsible manner, ensuring that all decisions and actions
meet the relevant legislation, policies and procedures. Primarily
responsible for the management of all staff and departments,
planning, conflict resolution, as well as acting as the liaison between
community, staff and Chief and Council.
The Band Manager also acts as a liaison between other government
agencies and departments, private industry business and any other
individuals, groups or agencies operating in the community.
- Applicants must have a university degree in business or public
administration, operations management or other related field;
or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
(4 – 5 Years).
- Principled and ethical leadership.
- Comprehensive understanding of Indigenous issues and practices,
and the lasting effects of colonization and residential school
experiences on Indigenous People.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to build strong working
relationships and networks of support and collaboration.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with a high degree of emotional
- Superior engagement, relationship building and conflict resolution
- Strong management, team building, coaching, and mentoring skills.
- Extensive project management experience, including the
development and completion of capital projects.
- Extensive working knowledge of Financial Administrative Law
and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), financial
management, and public administration.
- Familiarity with Anishinaabe language, history, and customs
- High energy environment
- Occasional long-distance travel
Applications must Include:
¾Cover letter which is signed and dated
¾Names of three employment related references and
Applications without the above documentation will be
considered incomplete and will not be considered.
Please direct applications via, email or fax to:
Elaine Jourdain, Interim Band Manager
The Anishinaabeg of Naongashiing
P O Box 335 Morson ON P0W 1J0
Phone: (807) 488-5602 Fax: (807) 488-5756
APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED UNTIL
12 NOON CST FRIDAY JANUARY 19, 2018.
Late applications will be returned unopened.