THE UNITED NATIVE FRIENDSHIP CENTRE
(Full Time Position - 35 hrs/week)
The United Native Friendship Centre is seeking a motivated and wellorganized individual for the position of Cultural Resource Worker.
· Strong knowledge and awareness of Indigenous culture and history,
with particular emphasis on family violence, child welfare, the impacts
of trauma, Indigenous youth engagement and community outreach;
· Knowledge and experience working with urban Indigenous children,
youth and families in a healing and reconciliation capacity;
· Minimum of seven years of demonstrated and related work
experience within an Indigenous organization or community;
· Exceptional knowledge of Indigenous historical and
· Post-secondary education in Indigenous studies and/or combination
of an equivalent and relevant education;
· Past experience in annual, quarterly and monthly statistical reporting;
· Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills;
· Fluency in the Ojibway language is an asset;
· Satisfactory criminal record check.
Please send cover letter, resume and three work related references to:
Personnel Selection Committee
United Native Friendship Centre
Mail: P.O. Box 752, Fort Frances, Ontario P9A 3N1
Drop off: 516 Portage Avenue, Fort Frances Ontario
Closing Date: Wednesday, January 10, 2018, at 4:00 p.m.
A complete job description is available at 516 Portage Avenue, Fort
Frances, Ontario and on our website www.unfc.org.
We thank all who apply but only those selected for an interview will be