Fort Frances Tribal Area
Health Services Inc.
Fort Frances Tribal Area Health Services Inc. is a corporation that provides
health care, mental health and addictions services to the 10 First Nations.
Reporting to the Director of Behavioural Health Services of Fort Frances
Tribal Area Health Services Inc., the Mental Health Manager provides bicultural clinical supervision and coordination to the Mental Health Team of
Behavioural Health Services. The Mental Health Manager is responsible for
the eﬃcient and eﬀective operation of the Mental Health team including
the development, planning, administration, organization, and operation of
services according to approved work plans.
- Will be responsible for the management of all services within the
Behavioural Health Services Mental Health Stream;
- Will conduct performance appraisals, conduct regular staﬀ meetings and
foster a trusting and professional environment within the BHS Mental
- Will provide professional supervision to the BHS Mental Health
- Will ensure the eﬀective implementation of all Fort Frances Tribal Area
Health Services Inc.’s standards and policies and reviews BHS policies,
procedures and practices on a regular basis;
- Will be responsible for coordinating the Elders Advisory Committee
- Will provide the Behavioural Health Services Director, Executive Director,
and the Board of Directors of Fort Frances Tribal Area Health Services Inc.
with necessary reports as needed;
- Will keep the Director of Behavioural Health Services informed of all critical
incidences having an impact on client care, First Nation and government
relations, and, Fort Frances Tribal Area Health Services Inc.’s operations.
This includes any suspected unethical, fraudulent or unlawful acts
- Oversee the development and training of a coordinated crisis response
team comprised of individuals willing to travel to all First Nations
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive data on all activities as a part of
their duties as the Mental Health Manager including supervision notes;
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree preferred in Social Work and or Psychology;
- Two year’s experience in team management and supervision;
- Experience working with First Nations communities and organizations;
- Have the ability to work eﬀectively with First Nation community members
- Have the ability to manage time well and work under stressful conditions
with an even temperament;
- Have the ability to establish and maintain harmonious working
relationships with other employees and the public;
- Have the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions;
- Anishinaabemowin – Ability to communicate eﬀectively in Ojibway a
- Must have ability to provide clinical supervision;
- Must possess valid driver’s license, good driving record, and be insurable;
- Must be able to pass a Criminal Records check. Applicant must not have
been found guilty of or plead no contest to any felonious oﬀense, or 2 or
more misdemeanor oﬀenses involving crimes of violence, sexual assault,
molestation, exploitation, contact or prostitution; or crimes against
persons; or oﬀenses committed against children.
Requirement for Submissions:
For a complete job description or to submit a resume, please contact:
Cathy Handberg, Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 608
Fort Frances, ON
Or email to:
Deadline for application submission: Tuesday, December 5, 2017
Fort Frances Tribal Area Health Services Inc. welcomes applications from people
with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates
taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we appreciate all who apply,
we will only contact those persons selected for an interview.
Miigwech, Thank You.