Monday, July 6, 2015
- The Clover Valley Farmers’ Market will be open Saturday, July 4 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at its McIrvine Road location.
- Stock car racing resumes Saturday, July 4 at the Emo Speedway. Hot laps are at 7 p.m., with the first race at 7:30 (weather permitting). Admission is $10 for adults, $6 for students/seniors, and $4 for kids aged six-12 (those five and under are free). A family package also is offered for $25.
- The Northern Lights Bible Camp will run July 13-16 from 9 a.m.-noon at Bethel Baptist Church. For more info, call the church (274-5569) or Mark and Tina Mast (852-3202).
- Town council will hold its next regular meeting Monday, July 13 at the Civic Centre. It will follow the committee of the whole meeting, which starts at 4:30 p.m.
- A Pro-Am fishing tournament, open to the general public aged 10 and up, will be held Sunday, July 19 in conjunction with the Fort Frances Canadian Bass Championship. Registration forms available at Safeway, with the participants to be randomly selected. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, July 15.
- “Yoga in the Park,” led by Karen Stachiw, will go Monday evenings at Lions Park and Wednesday evenings at Point Park during July (starting at 7 p.m.) A $5 fee per session applies. For more info, call/text 276-0927 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org